Thursday, November 6, 2008

Politics

We had a board meeting today and I sense a lot of hand wringing and gnashing of teeth. I guess some would call me naive but I am not at that point. We have a President-Elect and we will have to deal with his Administration. We won't agree with everything he does but then I can't remember a President I can say that about anyway.

The fact that he has offered his Chief of Staff position to Congressman Rahm Emanuel from Illinois should put some minds at ease. Emanuel, whose middle name is Israel, is a lifelong, practicing Jew who volunteered in Israel during the first Gulf War when Saddam was shooting scud missiles at Israel. Emanuel is a no-nonsense kind of guy who has been elected by margins greater than two thirds in all of his four congressional races.

Obama also named John Podesta to his transition team. Podesta was a Whitehouse Chief of Staff under President Bill Clinton and before that was Staff Director for the Senate Judiciary Committee. He is a graduate of the Georgetown School of Law.

No comments: